Frequently Asked Questions
- Understand the needs of local Early Care and Education (ECE) providers.
- Identify one or more organizations that could provide some or all of the needed services as a Shared Services Hub.
- Identify interested and likely Alliance members.
- Identify the services to be provided by the Hub(s).
- Identify key areas of agreement that will need to be addressed in a Memorandum of Understanding between the Hub(s) and Members.
- Develop an Alliance business plan and financial projections.
- Identify funders to support Alliance startup and ongoing operating expenses until the Alliance achieves sustainability.
For more detailed information on each step, see the Shared Services Startup Kit.
- Free up site directors from administrative tasks to serve as instructional leaders
- Enable shared, embedded quality improvement staff to support teachers
- Enable staff participation in a learning community where the emphasis is on “applying knowledge and skills”
- Provide teachers will time “off the floor” to think, plan and reflect on their work
The typical view of how to strengthen teaching and learning is often narrowly focused on professional development and the attainment of degrees and credentials for teachers. While content (training and education) matters, new research has underscored that process (how teachers apply what they know) is equally – or perhaps even more – important to improve child outcomes.
- Improved revenue collection through stronger fiscal management, better data, and the use of business automation tools
- Lower vacancy rates due to stronger enrollment management and collaborative marketing services
- Access to fundraising support focused on identifying every available resource
- Reduced purchasing costs
- Reduced time and errors and greater expertise on fiscal management
- Reduced paperwork for staff – freeing up time to focus on teaching and learning
Additionally, centralized business leadership enables Shared Services Alliances to use business metrics to identify gaps, address challenges and strengthen sustainability in all participating centers and homes.